We are seeking to fill a Sign Fabrication/ Assembly position with added responsibilities of Shipping and Receiving. This full time position is stationed in our Grand Rapids Michigan facility.
- Fabrication Duties including but not limited to; cutting and sanding of parts, preparing parts for painting, application of vinyl graphics and paint masks, assembly of components using small hand tools.
- Shipping Duties include but are not limited to; final inspection of product for quality and accuracy, verifying shipment contents to prepared packing slip, preparing the product for shipment using the proper packaging, contacting the carrier to schedule the pick up and delivery of the shipment.
- Receiving Duties include but are not limited to; receiving of delivered product and raw materials, checking in the product verifying packing slip to product and matching to the purchase order, moving product to inventory.
- Ability to take directions and work independently on the assigned task.
- A desire to keep busy and once the assigned task is completed to seek out the next task.
- The ability to look forward and realize potential stumbling blocks in the production process
- Have a quality eye with an understanding that your customer is your coworker doing the next step in the manufacturing process.
- Ability to interpret communications in written and drawing form.
- Ability to safely set up and operate the following equipment; Table Saw, Chop Saw, Drill Press, Belt Sander,
- Manual dexterity is required for some assembly of smaller parts and components.
- Strong verbal communication skills are required.
- Ambition to learn other aspect of the business so growth opportunities within the company can be capitalized on.
Other Skills that would be a springboard to future growth with the company.
An Experience with or Desire to learn the following:
- Wide Format Digital Printing
- Vinyl Cutting
- Laser Cutting
- Raster Braille
- Router Operations
- Spray Painting
- Silk Screening
- Photopolymer Processing
- Sign Installation